Friday, May 20, 2011

Carved Wood Skulls

Me: Would you like to see a pair of skulls today?
You: Would I!
Me: Yes they are...

First up is “d3f-ink” from Germany sent us an item they did: “Here is a little carved wood-skull I did on summer holiday in Sardegna, Ialy last year.”


Next is “silvercow” who said: “This is a thumb drive I carved using an oak slate from a pallet. The bow is coated with epoxy (tinted with red red). A wood burner was used to make the eyes. My art was inspired by a drawing I found on Skull-A-Day.”


Whittle C says:

I like the beach wood a lot, it fits so well with the surrounding almost as if it had been there for many years fading away. Speaking of fading... in the years since, the last time I tried to carve a nice piece of wood I slipped and was left with a nice scar on my thumb. It is amusing for me to see a piece of wood carved into a thumb drive. Thank you both for taking the time to submit your work for us to share.


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in the drawing just leave a comment below stating: Would a skull have a favorite type of wood? Maybe punk wood?

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you!
(Either your e-mail in the post OR make sure your profile has an e-mail link for you. If all else fails drop us an email to our submission address with your profile name. )


NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest

1 comment:

Scott Schluter said...

Rosewood. What skull doesn't go with rose?