Monday, October 7, 2013

Sugar Skull Makeup

Dina Gerold from Philadelphia, PA, created this sugar skull makeup. She explained her process, " Love sugar skulls and wanted to try this for Halloween 2013. Looked at many images and watched a couple video's, got my supplies ready and here is the outcome." It's the season for Dia de los Muertos makeup. The holiday is coming up soon, November 1st and 2nd, and it's definitely on my mind too. I enjoy seeing the variety of interpretations of a sugar skull makeup. I like the use of the red eyeshadow around the eyes and along the cheekbones. The flower crown works well with the makeup. I'd love to see what the rest of her costume looks like, since this makeup and crown normally accompany a festive costume. However you celebrate Dia de los Muertos, it's a great holiday to reflect on you family history and honor those who departed before you.


No comments: