Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Simulacra: Version 6.45

Last week, I went to Grand Caverns in Grottoes, VA. It's an amazing cavern and unlike others I've seen. I took a lot of photos, because I love natural wonders. While looking through the photos on my computer, I noticed these 3 skulls.

This is looking from a dark section, through an opening, into a light section.


This one was hiding in one of the few reflecting pools


Again, looking from a dark area, to a light one. This skull is on a large calcium deposit column.


I found these three skulls there, but there could be more lurking. It's a very beautiful and mysterious place full of shadowy areas. Without the artificial lights, it's pitch black. Touring a cavern in always an amazing experience. If you haven't toured on, check out your local areas for public ones.

Keep sending those pictures in, we always love seeing what our skull hunters find. Anyone is welcomed to participate, it's fun and it's easy- if you see a simulacra skull, photograph it and send those pictures in to our submissions address with a little something about what it is really and maybe a little about you.

No comments: