Monday, May 6, 2013

[BONUS] 410. The Visible Skull

I created this skull from the pieces of a vintage model kit called The Visible Head...


It was made specifically for the Skull Appreciation Day 2013 exhibition FACE OFF: Skull-A-Day VS Street Anatomy at The International Museum of Surgical Science. As part of the show we asked the participating artists to use a provided template to create a new digital work, that we could cut apart and recombine with other artist's work. Vanessa Ruiz, my co-curator, and I thought it would be fun to take the challenge as well, so I made this piece as my homage to Vanessa's blog Street Anatomy, which is interested in anatomical art that goes beyond just the image of the skull. You can see how our pieces looked mashed up on the poster for the show...



No comments: